Team Relations Specialist
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #10 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Team Relations Specialist serves as a generalist for all teams by answering non-complex questions and escalating issues as appropriate. By supporting the culture of Quicken Loans, they handle all the team relations issues.
- Support the culture of Quicken Loans
- Handle all team member relations issues
- Serve as a generalist for all human resources teams, including recruiting, leadership development and education, payroll, compensation, HRIS and benefits, by answering non-complex questions and escalating issues as appropriate
- Provide team relations support to the team members and leaders of the company
- Handle paperwork for new hires and assist with the new hire orientation
- Assist with written and verbal disciplinary reviews while tracking performance information
- Conduct exit interviews
- Perform instructor-led and computer-based training
- Collaborate closely with legal to ensure compliance and mitigation of business risk
- Be a strategic business partner to the businesses you support
- Actively participate in business leader meetings
- Ensure HR initiatives are aligned to business objectives
- Be an advocate for team members, leaders and the company
- Actively participate in meetings to share updates on outstanding issues, provide summaries of issues to analyze trends and brainstorm solutions with the team
- Coursework toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
- History and proven track record of experience in employee relations
- Minimum of four years of general business experience, preferably in mortgage banking, sales support or a customer/client service industry
- Excellent telephone, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to meet deadlines as assigned
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, InfoPath and SharePoint
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of interpersonal skills
- High level of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive or confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to work in an environment with dynamic and ever-changing priorities
- Ability to work in an environment that embraces feedback and provides it freely
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top