Team Leader, User Experience Research
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Team Leader of UX Research develops a client-driven research system, builds knowledge across the organization, successfully grows our product portfolio and measurably improves product performance. This team member gathers and synthesizes client data, behaviors, motivations and preferences to propose new solutions.
- Develop deep understanding of target clients through effective best practices
- Develop and drive a program that fuses client knowledge with other inputs such as industry trends, internal project incubations and business goals to create actionable insights, concepts or other relevant items
- Develop deep understanding of the current state of client fit and usability for existing products and products in development
- Coordinate research projects to validate and re-shape product roadmaps and feature details
- Maintain a deep understanding of client types, their behaviors and their mortgage, home and finance issues
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of UX professionals in a KPI, customer-driven team environment
- Strengthen the research IQ and capabilities of the Product team
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology, research, design or related discipline
- Five years of UX research experience
- Two years of leadership experience in cross-functional environment
- Experience in product management for web and mobile products
- Research portfolio demonstrating proficiency in driving impactful change
- Experience with large-scale consumer and internal user web and mobile apps
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Excelling in a high growth, fast-paced large organization environment
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top