Team Leader, Technology
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
Quicken Loans is looking for a motivated and pacesetting Technology Team Leader who understands the methodologies and technology used to create a vision for their team and provide proper guidance. They work with business partners, vendors, and other technology teams to ensure effective execution and delivery of our products. They must be willing to adapt to a fast paced, constantly changing environments, along with helping their team do the same effectively.
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with teams of focus
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes
- Maintain team by recruiting, selecting, and training team members
- Maintain effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Accomplish results by clearly communicating job expectations, including appraising job results, coaching and disciplining team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Bachelor's degree or significant relevant experience
- Five years of technology experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient knowledge of data processing systems, database concepts, and methodologies
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative database and software development methodologies
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
- Solid client service skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of general business, health care, and health coverage issues
- Must work with a purpose and have a strong sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented team player that can handle workloads with deadlines
- Proven ability to think outside the box
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010–2015 Primary Mortgage Origination and 2014–2015 Primary Mortgage Servicer StudiesSM. 2015 Origination (or Sales) based on 4,666 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July–August 2015. 2015 Servicing based on 5,922 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March–April 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the second largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S., according to National Mortgage News, Quarter 2, 2015.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top