Team Leader, Technology
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Information Technology (IT) Insights Team Leader leads a team of IT service management analysts that focus on the administration, configuration and management of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes. This team works closely with IT and the business to develop sound ITIL-based processes and procedures that fully support and add value to our business. The team leader's largest client is their team. They provide the tools and training to help the team succeed and grow. The team leader will facilitate communication between the business and their team to help set and follow thru with priorities.
- Works with the business and other technology teams, focusing a portion of their time on using their technical expertise and the rest of their time on growing and developing their team
- Oversee team members reporting directly to them and they will report to either a senior team leader or director; conduct telephone prescreening and face to face interviews for new team members and may participate in interviews for other teams; conduct annual performance reviews and make salary and bonus recommendations
- Demonstrate a passion to learn about our business, the technologies that we use and explore new technologies
- Promote and market continued participation in ITIL processes
- Analyze incident, problem and change data to create meaningful reports
- Contribute to the development of an IT dashboard
- Perform deep dives and root-cause analysis on major outage
- Perform follow-up activities associated with problem management
- Participate in the change review process and vendor performance reviews
- Aid in the detection and prevention of unauthorized changes
- Perform continuous service improvement activities
- Coordinate, identify and translate business requirements into ITSM
- Enhance, formalize and standardize ITSM processes and procedures
- Create a clear vision for team and align the vision with that of technology overall and implement
- the vision with clear communication
- Identify and set specific measurable goals for team members
- Present a positive image with a confident and enthusiastic demeanor
- Exhibit patience, humor and compassion when interacting with others
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Demonstrate curiosity, open mindedness and tenacity
- Dig deep to uncover causes to problems and identify the most effective solution
- Seek common ground and settle disputes equitably
- Make good decisions in a timely manner, often with incomplete information
- Actively work to continuously improve and utilize feedback received from others to develop personal leadership skills
- Anticipate challenges and adjust schedule appropriately
- Set high personal standards for performance
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses of each team member
- Participate in formal reviews and coach improvement
- Promote active listening
- Organize and facilitates effective meetings
- Ensure written communication is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional
- Recognize and use the appropriate communication method.
- Maintain technical expertise
- Transfer technical knowledge to team members
- Manage budgetary concerns and make recommendations on purchases
- Anticipate business needs before they arise and presents solutions
- Establish clear expectations with the business and effectively communicates when situations change
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Typically has over two years of IT or mortgage work experience or equivalent with understanding of specific area of technology
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience administering, maintaining and configuring Cherwell ITSM 7.0 or later
- ITIL certification
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes, and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010-2016 Primary Mortgage Origination StudiesSM. 2016 study based on 3,267 total responses measuring 13 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July-August 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.comQuicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top