Team Leader, Technology
Who We Are
In-House Realty is the preferred real estate partner of Quicken Loans, the nation’s second-largest retail mortgage lender. Headquartered in Detroit, we lead a network of 25,000 top-notch real estate agents across all 50 states. We’re a tech-driven, big-idea company on a mission to connect pre-approved buyers and interested sellers with qualified, local real estate agents. We then work side-by-side with the client, their mortgage banker and real estate agent to monitor their progress through the entire home buying or selling process in order to ensure their complete satisfaction.
What You'll Do/Need
We’re seeking a Technology Team Leader to set the direction for a team of technology professionals and provide the tools and training to help the team grow. This team leader should understand and live the In-House Realty culture; they must demonstrate a passion to learn about the business and technologies we use, as well as a passion to explore new technologies.
- Create a clear vision for the team
- Communicate job expectations to team members and conduct annual reviews and make salary and bonus recommendations
- Identify and set specific measurable goals for team members
- Work to foster culture among team members
- Uncover causes to problems and identify effective solutions
- Facilitate communication between the team and internal business partners and coordinate resources and timetables to complete projects
- Conduct system audits to verify application results
- Maintain technical expertise and transfer technical knowledge to team members
- Make recommendations on software and hardware purchases
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies and procedures
- Conduct telephone pre-screening and face-to-face interviews with potential new team members
- Bachelor's degree or significant relevant experience
- Five years of technology experience
- Experience implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills, regardless of audience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate a team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies
- Understanding of general business
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? It’s not ours, either. We pride ourselves on a strong culture that gives team members the initiative to build solutions and grow both personally and professionally. We might be in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly don’t put ceilings on our team members’ careers. Our culture promotes creativity, enthusiasm, and passion.
In-House Realty is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top