- Some experience in management, leadership, mentorship and/or administration
- 3 years of experience in programming in C#, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, Progress or similar object oriented/functional programming languages
- 3 years of experience in a product engineering role, software design and testing, or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of technology standards, including architecture, design and integration patterns
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, marketing, project management or equivalent experience
- 2 years of management, leadership, mentorship and/or administration experience
- 2 years of experience using work-item tracking tools, preferably Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.
- 5 years of experience in programming in C#, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, Progress or similar object oriented/functional programming languages
- 5 years of experience in software testing and design
- 5 years of experience in a product engineering role, such as Software Engineer, Product Owner or Business Analyst
- Working knowledge of supported business domains
- Thorough knowledge of different roles on their team (e.g., product owners, release train engineers, software engineers, architects)
The Team Leader, Engineering leads a team of focused individuals who work together to build and maintain the back-end engineering of a large product suite. As a team leader, this person is responsible for tracking and maintain team performance while also building and developing team members.
- Communicate and promote the culture and mission of the company and hold team members accountable to them
- Lead and mentor their team on performance, production and day-to-day tasks
- Lead and mentor the team to plan, design, build and deploy high quality software that meets or exceeds the technical standards of Rocket Technology
- Work with senior leadership to identify talent needs
- Creates objectives and key results at the team and individual level with their team members; pull/create reports, as requested, to track accomplishments
- Act as team facilitator and challenge performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity; address roadblocks as they arise and help the team focus on iteration goals and program increment objectives
- Apply Lean/Agile values and principles to an engineering team
- Engage in and communicates tech incidents to impacted stakeholders
- Recognize trends spanning multiple tech incidents and work with the team to ensure the appropriate resolution is found
- Coordinate and communicate with other teams for work between business domains, products, teams and/or trains
- Make process improvement recommendations to both the technology software development life cycle as well as business processes based on knowledge and understanding of the team product domain
- Contribute new best practices within the Rocket Technology leadership community
- Know why we're implementing the technology product(s), its context, audience, what problem it will solve and its technical capabilities/limitations
- Maintain a basic understanding of technology standards, including architecture, design and integration patterns
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.