Team Leader, Product Design
- Flexible / Remote
- 7 years of experience designing UX solutions for software, web applications and/or mobile native apps
- 3 years of experience mentoring other design professionals
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, interaction design, communication design, information architecture, psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, other related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability with recruiting, hiring and retaining multidisciplinary design teams
- Demonstrated ability leading designers, with a proven track record of building and managing strong, effective design teams
- Demonstrated ability in creating designs that create a competitive advantage and measure the effectiveness of designs with end users
- Demonstrated ability in working with a variety of design tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, InVision and Sketch
- Demonstrated ability to design digital products, services and experiences for effective and efficient human use
- Demonstrated ability in influencing product direction through a deep understanding of user needs and usability
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating with multiple disciplines, such as product, engineering and data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to use wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity visuals to communicate design intent
- Demonstrated ability in best practices, key findings and evidence-based rationalization of UX design decisions
- Knowledge of balancing human behaviors, technology capabilities and business needs to deliver measurable design solutions
- Master's in user experience, interaction design, human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, human-computer interaction, human factors or related field
The Team Leader of Product Design leads a design team to deliver impactful outcomes through superior experiences for clients and internal team members. They provide day-to-day direction and guidance for their team's growth and output by iterating through wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups, as well as partner with cross-functional leads and the leadership team to drive strategy.
- Lead a design team consisting of defining and measuring design strategies that deliver value to our clients, achieve business outcomes and accelerate growth
- Champion creating a differentiated and competitive client experience by using storytelling and persuasion to connect strategy and vision to business-as-usual work
- Drive quality and user-centric experiences and guide the team to develop best practices
- Develop an emerging understanding of customer problems, broader organizational context and goals and take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product
- Develop and measure key performance indicators that benchmark and track performance, as well as measure our solutions
- Hire and retain top user experience design talent by driving career development and performance through delivering regular feedback and coaching
- Collaborate iteratively to deliver highly innovative solutions
- Oversee and guide the team to work through roadblocks and collaborate with other teams
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 - 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Back to top