Team Leader, Network Engineering
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years working in a systems and infrastructure role (at a data center, as a Network Engineer, as a Systems Engineer, etc.)
- 2 years of experience in management, leadership and administration
- 3 years of experience with programming languages
- 1 year of experience with cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or OpenStack
- Experience with leading Campus/Data Center Network Engineering teams
- Must be familiar with networking technologies including but not limited to: DNS, DHCP, IP Networks, routing, switching, load balancing, wireless, firewalls; Cisco, Palo Alto, and Arista networks; network monitoring
- Various programming languages, such as C# and .NET,
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Team Leader, Network Engineering leads a team of focused individuals who work to maintain our systems and infrastructure. They implement the vision and direction created by senior leadership. They interact with teams from around the company and assist senior leadership with developing systems and infrastructure best practices. This leadership position leads the Network Engineer Teams as well as works with internal and external partners.
- Pull and create reports necessary to carry out the functions of the team and for senior leadership, as requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Communicate and embody the culture and mission of the company
- Lead and mentor the team on performance, production and day-to-day tasks
- Partner with existing IT teams to integrate the cloud infrastructure, database and network environment with the company infrastructure and data center environment
- Troubleshoot advanced operating systems, organization database applications and related infrastructure issues
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top