Team Leader, Engineering
- Detroit, MI
- Experience leading and mentoring others
- Strong project management skills and experience implementing plans
- Familiar with key metrics such as cycle time, velocity and throughput used to gauge team efficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
- Driven to learn and improve oneself
- Proven record of building strong relationships with stakeholders to foster collaborative and confident communication
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, marketing, project management or equivalent experience
- Ability to lead team initiatives that strengthen comradery and culture
- Experience developing software
- Experience motivating teams by removing roadblocks, balancing workload and empowering the team to self-organize
- Experience helping an engineering team deliver continuous value
- Manage the process that identifies and implements significant continuous improvement opportunities to support business objectives
- Prior experience working with financial markets, the mortgage industry or marketing
- Ability to advocate for the product
- Experience with agile work environments
Want to work on products, websites and software that support our 30,000+ team members and hundreds of thousands of clients every year? Our family of more than 100 companies is looking for a Team Leader to support our engineering teams that work on products to support our business ranging from fintech and software to sneakers, sports and real estate. A career here offers remote flexibility and an amazing work-life balance.
In this role, you'll assign prioritized work for an engineering team and help with planning and execution of projects. You'll coordinate collaborative relationships with business partners to make a high impact on the team's productivity and morale, while facilitating execution of tasks to maintain a steady pace as the team works toward their goals. You'll work with others to solve coordination issues.
Deadlines are established by SAFe Agile Release Trains, so experience with this type of environment is critical. You must be able to communicate effectively, think strategically and be comfortable with giving and receiving feedback. This team member is able to take the initiative and speak up.
Technology as a whole and within our organization is constantly evolving, so if you're a curious person and looking for a place that promotes professional growth and development, then this is the job for you.
We pride ourselves on the welcoming culture that starts day one - this is a place where everyone can bring their entire self to work and diverse opinions are welcome.
- Communicate and promotes the culture and mission of the company
- Lead/mentor the team on performance, production and day-to-day tasks
- Work with senior leadership to identify talent needs
- Create OKRs at the team and individual level with their team members
- Pull/create reports for higher level leadership, as requested, to track OKR accomplishment
- Document, organize and communicate reports critical to team effectiveness
- Track and communicates incident trends to impacted product stakeholders
- Apply lean/agile values and principles to an engineering team
- Engage in tech incidents, recognize trends and work with the team to ensure the appropriate resolution is found
- Tie threads for initiatives between business domains, product stakeholders, cross-team relationships or cross-train relationships
- Make critical process improvement recommendations to both the technology software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as business processes based on knowledge and understanding of the product domain
- Contribute new best practices within the Technology leadership team
- Display consistent and regular attendance and be readily available in a fast-paced workplace
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top