Team Leader, Compensation
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Compensation Team Leader is a critical part of the Compensation team, serving as the primary interface with Sales teams, Finance and senior leadership on compensation plan design and process. This Team Leader will oversee a Sales Compensation team responsible for incentive payment calculations, metrics/analytics/reporting and will respond to inquiries.
- Create, manage and roll out sales compensation plans
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all submissions provided to payroll
- Provide monthly and quarterly analytics and reporting on compensation plan performance for the sales leadership team
- Serve as a point of contact for leaders to address questions regarding compensation plans
- Perform research as needed to help resolve issues and develop appropriate solutions to resolve exception payment requirements
- Deliver analyses on quota and incentive attainment reporting for the Sales and Sales Operations teams at regular intervals and as required to gain insight into sales performance
- Facilitate sales compensation escalation review, track and communicate appeal decisions, and implement outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field
- Five years of relevant experience
- Experience leading team of analysts
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiencies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Extremely organized with excellent multitasking and time-management skills
- Outstanding executive-level communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top