Team Leader, Business Intelligence (BI) & Data Services
- Detroit, MI
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in BI & data warehousing and/or data integration, as a developer or architect
- 2 years of experience leading teams of direct reports or external service providers
- Experience with Informatica's ETL / integration platform - PowerCenter or Informatica Cloud (IICS) - Data Integration or Application Integration. IICS is preferred.
- Experience with SQL in databases like SQL Server or Oracle (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with using work item tracking tools like Jira or Azure DevOps
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Good understanding of data integration approaches including ingestion & transformation, business intelligence and data warehousing concepts like dimensional modeling
- Good understanding of the technology processes such as SDLC using Agile methodology, testing approaches and software release management
- Good presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of one or more BI reporting tools such as Power BI preferred
- Experience working in a DevOps environment and understanding of service management concepts including ITIL preferred
- Experience with contact center and/or automotive sales industry a plus
The Team Leader, BI & Data Services reports to the Senior Director of Data Services and leads a high-performance team consisting of data engineers, data architects and BI developers. They're a key team member who will help us build the next generation data infrastructure that will power our enterprise data, reporting and analytics engine. Individual needs to be passionate about "all things data" and have a passion for building new stuff including people, process and technology.
- Lead and mentor the team on performance, outcome and day-to-day tasks
- Lead all Agile ceremonies (stand-ups, retros and iteration planning), removing roadblocks that impede progress and ensuring delivery of committed work
- Meet stakeholders regularly to identify data and reporting needs and engage appropriate resources for requirements gathering, estimations and work planning
- Perform regular production support reviews and project status reviews, and communicate to key stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Proactively identify process improvements and recommend solutions to leadership
- Deliver regular feedback to the team for motivation and growth, and work with team members to craft a career vision that is inspiring and meaningful
- Use experience and knowledge to provide subject matter expertise on coding, design, and architecture as and when needed, and guide team toward effective problem solving
- Roll up sleeves and be ready to do what it takes to ensure an outcome, including jumping in to do the actual work and assisting where needed or staying until a problem is solved
Who We Are
Rocket Auto is a virtual car buying experience that's dedicated to helping our clients confidently buy and sell vehicles through a seamless virtual marketplace.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top