- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience performing systems design, implementation and administration
- 5 years of programming experience
- Very high proficiency utilizing AWS with proven hands-on experience
- Demonstrated servant leadership; specifically, shown their ability to trust and lean on other engineers (even when they may do things differently)
- Expert in knowing enough and accomplishing tasks through delegation and collaboration
- Proven ability to think strategically and not get caught up in the details; trusting the engineers to solve the specifics
- Experience creating architecture diagrams and leading architecture decisions at a team or multi-team level, which improved the team's reliability and/or development time
- Experience leading the planning, development and launch of multiple front-end experiences
- Experience leading the planning, development and launch of multiple backend services, APIs, etc.
- Experience working in SAFe and taking an active role in ceremonies
- Experience in testing automation
The Systems Architect designs and delivers enterprise-scale solutions that are robust and scalable. They're focused on integration patterns and best practices. Ideally, this team member has experience with distributed-systems design, which includes cloud-capable systems and deployments.
- Create, develop and implement the technical strategy for the Data Experience group of teams, which improves performance, reliability, and development time and leverages the latest technology
- Oversee and lead the architectural design, development and deployment of the overall software and/or system for the Data Experience teams
- Create the the technical road map and oversee its implementation across teams
- Collaborate with Product Management to determine value, prioritize and size incoming/future work (features)
- Connect the Data Experience group with the broader organization, such as Data Intelligence and IT (Technology), through the collaboration with architects at each level and taking an active role in their work
- Actively contribute to key SAFe ceremonies such as planning, stand-ups and system demos to collaborate with engineers and maximize clarity of the design requirements and outputs
- Level up technical knowledge by introducing our teams to proven internal and external technologies and software development strategies
- Create excitement among team members to continue to grow and learn more about technology and software development
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.