Sys. Stability Engineer
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The System Stability Engineer designs and implements proactive infrastructure maintenance systems and processes. This team member works closely with the Infrastructure Administration and Engineering teams to plan, automate and perform patches and updates to technology infrastructure. They analyze technical requirements, document solutions and train Technology team members. This person owns important stability processes such as vulnerability management, decom, and proactive operating system and firmware patching, in addition to owning the support and administration of the tools used to automate these processes.
- Implement advanced troubleshooting techniques to resolve incidents
- Handle critical issues with a sense of urgency while remaining calm
- Plan, automate and perform patches and updates to technology infrastructure
- Design and implement proactive infrastructure maintenance systems and processes
- Knowledge of servers in a multiplatform environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical subject
- 2 years of experience performing server systems implementation, administration and support or the equivalent
- 2 years of experience analyzing system failures to minimize outages and interruptions or the equivalent
- 2 years of experience working with server/PC hardware or equivalent
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, C#, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with system engineering or project management, taking projects from initial concept through planning, implementation and consultation
- Familiarity with industry standard server administration tools such as SCCM, WSUS and Satellite
- Familiarity of technologies such Docker containers and serverless (FaaS) infrastructures
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge, including, specifically, familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- A continual improvement mindset
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top