Staff Software Engineer (Remote or Local)
- Detroit, MI
The Staff Software Engineer mentors other engineers, leads small development teams and acts as an application owner, in addition to developing, improving and maintaining innovative software applications as part of a team or independently. This team member takes a lead role in design and code reviews, assists with delivery estimates and provides feedback about all aspects of the process - all while working with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
- Develop progressive web apps using MVC/web API and C# through the full software development life cycle process
- Unit-test all developed code
- Work directly with business partners to determine technical solutions based on business needs
- Mentor other Software Engineers to grow their technical skills
- Understand general, undeveloped concepts and explain them concisely to others
- Work with or without complete business requirements or specifications
- Foster a collaborative environment on a cross-functional team
- Improve standards and best practices
- 8 years of programming or related experience in object-oriented programming languages (C# or Java)
- 8 years of experience with .NET 4.0+ or related frameworks
- 8 years of experience in software testing and design
- 8 years of database-related experience (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- 8 years of experience working in a team environment
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience as the lead engineer on multiple projects
- Experience with web APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with design patterns
- Experience mentoring others
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What'll Make You Special
- Some graduate coursework
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with architectural patterns such as MVVM, MVC and MVP
We offer relocation assistance for this position.
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top