Sr SQL DBA with Cloud (AWS)
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
- Install and configure SQL RDBMS servers
- Perform regular database maintenance tasks such as rebuilding indexes, upgrades and storage management
- Manage SQL Servers in the Cloud environments (PaaS/SaaS/IaaS)
- Manage database availability, backup, restoration and recovery systems
- Monitor database system resources and performance
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation and data flow within our systems
- Oversee data consistency and third party interfaces
- Physical database design and implementation
- Design high availability architecture
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of database administration experience
- Knowledge of T-SQL and ability to review the code
- Experience working in public cloud infrastructures, such as AWS and/or Azure
- Ability to migrate on-premise SQL Server Databases into Cloud (AWS Or Azure)
- Good understanding of AWS cloud technologies such as RDS, EC2, S3 Storage, EBS Volumes and cloud watch
- Database administration, design and architecture experience in Windows/SQL server environment
- Candidate must be an experienced DBA who has worked on SQL Server 2012 and higher versions
- Expertise in performance tuning/optimization and ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Knowledge of High Availability technologies, Disaster recovery (Always On , Replication, Clustering, Log Shipping and Database Partitioning)
- Set technical direction through the definition & implementation of standards, technical roadmaps, process and control documents
- Solid understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security
- Initiate and lead project deliverables, and drive higher sense of urgency for risk reduction
- Develop strategic and tactical solutions that allow the team to be successful
- Knowledge of Data Lake solutions would be a big plus but not a must
- A good team player, flexible, share knowledge, help others, collaborate well within and outside the team
- Strong communication and research skills
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power Primary Mortgage Origination (2010–2016) and Servicer (2016) StudiesSM. 2016 Origination Study based on 3,393 total responses measuring 12 lenders and measures opinions of consumers who originated a new mortgage. Servicer Study based on 5,120 responses measuring 20 companies and measures the satisfaction of consumers with their current mortgage servicer. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July–September 2016 (Origination) March–April 2016 (Servicer). Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the 3rd largest retail mortgage lender in America – according to National Mortgage News.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top