Sr. Software Engineer - .NET
Who We Are
Nexsys Technologies is a financial technology company founded by mortgage IT experts to create and deliver innovative solutions for smarter lending processes. The company’s core product, Nexsys Clear Path®, is the evolution of provider management. As a real-time solution for the management of mortgage-related transactions, orders, provider performance, and service allocations, Nexsys Clear Path is one system to manage millions of mortgage-related transactions across thousands of service providers. In 2016 and 2017, Nexsys Technologies was recognized as one of the most innovative technology companies in housing by being named a HousingWire “Tech100” award recipient. The company is based in Detroit with clients and integrated service providers all across the United States.
What You'll Do/Need
A Senior Software Engineer will mentor Associate Software Engineers, lead small development teams, and act as an application owner. A Senior Software Engineer will also develop, improve, or maintain innovative software applications as part of a team or independently. A Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team and report to a Team Leader of Software Engineering. These responsibilities will require the Senior Software Engineer to take a lead role in design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates, and provide feedback about all aspects of the process. These responsibilities will require a Senior Software Engineer to work with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
What you’ll do:
- Effective in fostering a collaborative environment
- Effective working with or without complete business requirements or specifications
- Effective working directly with business partners
- Drive and determination to help other engineers learn and become a better engineer
- Ability to grasp broad, loosely developed concepts and explain them to others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of unit testing
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and concepts like Agile.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- This role will also require periodic on call duties
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of programming or related experience in one or more of the following: Cocoa, Objective C, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, or Progress
- 5+ years experience in software testing and design
- 5+ years of database related experience
- 5+ years working in a team environment
- Experience leading small project teams
- Experience mentoring others
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Graduate degree experience preferred
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Nexsys Technologies, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Nexsys Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top