Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are
At Sift we take a consumer approach to B2B software: emphasizing understanding of the user experience and building beautiful and easy to use software that delights our clients. We’re looking for a talented engineer with a passion and interest in distributed systems and data engineering to help advance our platform.
What You'll Do/Need
A Senior Software Engineer will mentor Associate Software Engineers, lead small development teams, and act as an application owner. A Senior Software Engineer will also develop, improve, or maintain innovative software applications as part of a team or independently. A Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team and report to a Team Leader of Software Engineering. These responsibilities will require the Senior Software Engineer to take a lead role in design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates, and provide feedback about all aspects of the process. These responsibilities will require a Senior Software Engineer to work with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
What you’ll do:
- Effective in fostering a collaborative environment
- Effective working with or without complete business requirements or specifications
- Effective working directly with business partners
- Drive and determination to help other engineers learn and become a better engineer
- Ability to grasp broad, loosely developed concepts and explain them to others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of unit testing
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and concepts like Agile
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- This role will also require periodic on call duties
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of programming or related experience in one or more of the following: Cocoa, Objective C, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, or Progress
- 5+ years experience in software testing and design
- 5+ years of database related experience
- 5+ years working in a team environment
- Experience leading small project teams
- Experience mentoring others
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Graduate degree experience preferred
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? It’s not ours, either. We pride ourselves on a strong culture that gives team members the initiative to build solutions and grow both personally and professionally. We might be in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly don’t put ceilings on our team members’ careers. Our culture promotes creativity, enthusiasm, and passion.
Sift is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top