Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are
We’re Amrock, the nation’s largest FinTech provider of title insurance, valuations and closing services. We’re a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 mortgage lenders, delivering innovative solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage financing experience for lenders, property owners and real estate professionals nationwide. Our headquarters are in Detroit, Michigan, and our team members span across the U.S., with offices in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The Senior Software Engineer mentors Associate Software Engineers, leads small development teams and acts as an application owner, in addition to developing, improving and maintaining innovative software applications as part of a team or independently. This team member takes a lead role in design and code reviews, assists with delivery estimates and provides feedback about all aspects of the process – all while working with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
- Develop progressive web apps using Angular 5, HTML5, MVC/Web API and C# through the full software development lifecycle processes
- Unit-test all developed code
- Work directly with business partners to determine technical solutions based on business needs
- Mentor other Software Engineers to grow their technical skills
- Understand general, undeveloped concepts and explain them concisely to others
- Work with or without complete business requirements or specifications
- Foster a collaborative environment on a cross-functional team
- Maintain on-call availability on a rotational basis
- Hands-on experience with Angular 2.0 or greater
- Five years of experience with web design and HTML/CSS
- Five years of experience in software testing and design
- Five years of database-related experience
- Five years of experience working in a team environment
- Experience leading small project teams
- Experience mentoring others
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Some graduate coursework
- Progressive web apps experience
- Programming with C#
- Web API
What You'll Get
We’re not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members’ workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top