Sr. Software Developer
Who We Are
Waymark is an award-winning startup that believes small businesses deserve great digital advertising, too. We use help small businesses create and launch custom digital ad campaigns that are simple, effective, and affordable.
We’re a small, close-knit group of developers, designers, marketers, and client advocates headquartered in downtown Detroit. We’ve built our company with strategic marketing, and we can’t wait to add a talented marketer to our growing team.
What You'll Do/Need
Waymark is looking for a Software Developer to join our Detroit-based software development team. As a member of our development team, the Software Developer works closely with a small team of extraordinarily talented developers and uses modern but mature technologies. The Software Developer is a hard worker, a team player and an eager learner and is inspired by the opportunity to make life easier for local business owners while solving interesting technical challenges.
- Develop new features for existing and upcoming products
- Participate in architectural design and code review processes
- Write unit tests to ensure a high-quality experience for users at all times
- Apply problem-solving skills to diagnose and fix bugs
- Knowledge of or desire to learn our modern-but-battle-tested technology stack:
- Client-side – Coffeescript, RequireJS, React, HTML5 canvas (used heavily, extended Fabric.js implementation)
- Server-side – PostgreSQL, Django/Python (99% of all server-side development), Node.js + Express (server-side HTML5 canvas rendering), Celery
- DevOps – AWS hosting, Ansible, Jenkins
What’ll Make You Special
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knack for architecture and experience with Django and React
- Bias toward action and completion
- Employ thoughtful planning, pride in craft, strong architecture and best practices
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Waymark gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Waymark, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Waymark is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top