Who We Are
We’re Amrock, the nation’s largest FinTech provider of title insurance, valuations and closing services. We’re a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 mortgage lenders, delivering innovative solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage financing experience for lenders, property owners and real estate professionals nationwide. Our headquarters are in Detroit, Michigan, and our team members span across the U.S., with offices in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The Senior Accountant is responsible for coordinating GAAP financial reporting, interacting with independent auditors and coordinating audit activities, maintaining a strong internal control environment around GAAP reporting, preparing state data calls and other external financial reporting, and assisting with accounting policy development. This team member also assists with month-end close processes and special projects as they arise.
- Prepare external financial reports
- Participate in year-end financial reporting and external audit process, including the development of financial statements and footnotes
- Provide technical research support and assistance to the Accounting and Finance team regarding treatment of accounting issues
- Document and assist with implementation of new accounting standards and policies
- Lead special projects and perform ad-hoc analyses as required
- Participate in financial reporting analytics and controls to ensure that financial results are reported accurately and in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 years of financial reporting experience and/or public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to independently research complex accounting topics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks or assignments and consistently meet or exceed deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and describe financial trends and variances
- Strong organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to self-motivate
- Ability to effectively interface with peers, internal stakeholders and leadership
- Proficiency with Excel and Word
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What’ll Make You Special
What You'll Get
We’re not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members’ workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top