Who We Are
iRule LLC is a Michigan based software company developing a mobile platform for control and automation in both the residential and commercial markets. iRule’s mission is to advance the convergence of the internet of things and the home or business by developing an innovative, easy-to-use, fully featured, and flexible cloud-integrated control platform.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is part of a small team in an exciting, fast-paced and innovative environment. This team member is enthusiastic about learning and working with cutting-edge technologies to create outstanding audio/visual and Internet of Things control and automation solutions. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer plays an important role in ensuring quality, stability and performance in a complex system. They design, implement and run a variety of tests on many different system components and applications, including Android and iOS mobile clients, hardware appliances, and Web applications, WebSocket, and REST APIs. They monitor all stages of software development, applying proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues. They also interact and communicate with development, project management, support and business teams to communicate quality standards and assist in project planning and development.
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression, performance, security and system integration testing as well as other types of testing
- Identify, thoroughly document, prioritize and track software quality issues
- Participate in design review and planning meetings with software development and project management teams
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, execute and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Bachelor of science degree in computer engineering, computer science or the equivalent
- Comfort with Linux and macOS systems
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of initiative with the ability to self-manage
- Strong will to learn and adapt new technologies and procedures to solve complex problems and
- ensure quality and stability
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
What'll Make You Special
- Knowledge of or experience with testing and debugging:
- CLI C++ applications and GDB o Web applications built with Angular2 and TypeScript
- Backends based on Java/Spring and PostgreSQL
- Mobile applications on both Android and iOS
- Cloud infrastructure applications built with Amazon Web Services, OpsWorks and Chef
- Big data projects constructed on Spark, Flume, Kudu and other applications in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with a variety of software development and testing tools, such as these:
- Android Studio and IntelliJ
- Xcode and Xcode CLI tools o Postman and cURL
- Jenkins Pipeline and Groovy
- Git VCS
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of iRule gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At iRule, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
iRule is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top