- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years performing systems design, implementation and administration
- 5 years of software development experience
- 7 years of experience performing systems design, implementation and administration
- 7 years of software development experience
- Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced technical certifications
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of systems integration, systems design and service design
The Solution Architect designs and delivers enterprise-scale solutions that are robust and scalable. They're focused on integration patterns and best practices. Ideally, the Solution Architect has experience with distributed-systems design, which includes cloud-capable systems and deployments.
- Foster cross-platform development, collaboration and solutions
- Design fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions
- Identify areas of improvement between systems and help design solutions
- Build standards and best practices for cross-cutting software development concerns
- Lead technology decision-making with a strong emphasis on the reasoning behind those decisions
- Keep up with the latest technology platforms, tools and techniques with our software and data architects to provide the most comprehensive and advanced solutions
- Research new technologies and their potential impact on our current processes
- Teach and mentor architects and engineers to expand their knowledge of software development and standards
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question - it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top