- Detroit, MI
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
The Solution Architect is responsible for design and delivery of enterprise-spanning technology initiatives.The Solution Architect is focused on the system as a whole, and is involved from project inception, initial design, and finally project delivery. In this role, the ideal candidate is equally capable and comfortable working side by side with business stakeholders as well as software engineers. Potential Solution Architects have experience with distributed-systems design, which includes cloud-capable systems and deployments.
- Design fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions
- Lead technology decision making with a strong emphasis on the reasoning behind those decisions
- Identify areas of improvement between systems
- Build standards and best practices for cross-cutting software development concerns
- Teach and mentor architects and engineers to expand their knowledge of software development and standards
- Technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large system design and collaboration
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly, experience working with stakeholders outside of IT to define project requirements and guidelines
What'll Make You Special
- Past history of delivering large-scale software solutions, previous technical leadership experience
Back to top