- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience performing systems design, implementation and administration
- 5 years of programming experience
- 7 years of experience performing systems design, implementation and administration
- 7 years of programming experience
- Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced technical certifications
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of systems integration, systems design and service design
The Solution Architect designs and delivers enterprise-scale solutions that are robust and scalable. They're focused on integration patterns and best practices. Ideally, the Solution Architect has experience with distributed-systems design, which includes cloud-capable systems and deployments.
- Foster cross-platform development, collaboration and solutions
- Design fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions
- Identify areas of improvement between systems and help design solutions
- Build standards and best practices for cross-cutting software development concerns
- Lead technology decision-making with a strong emphasis on the reasoning behind those decisions
- Keep up with the latest technology platforms, tools and techniques with our software and data architects to provide the most comprehensive and advanced solutions
- Research new technologies and their potential impact on our current processes
- Teach and mentor architects and engineers to expand their knowledge of software development and standards
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top