Software Engineer - Progress
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
A Progress Engineer works on a project-by-project basis alongside various representatives from Marketing, Banking, Capital Markets, Client Relations, Operations and Legal Compliance. The person in this role acts as a technical lead and implements business logic in support of our Quicken Loans mortgage origination application. The software created by the Software Engineer will integrate with other software created by Business Services Developers and Engineers.
- Work with other Engineers, Developers, Progress DBAs, Architects, QA, System Engineers and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
- Knowledge of requirements, implement designs and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Meet with business leaders in the early development of specifications and requirements
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Perform regular on-call duties
- Maintain ownership of assigned projects
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in software development or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Two years of application development experience in Progress 4GL
- Two years of WebSpeed experience
- Five years of experience in general software development methods
- Four years of collaborative development experience
- Established work portfolio
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing
- Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle
- Oral and written communication skills regardless of audience and superb attention to detail
- Willing to work with the Quicken Loans programming standards
What’ll Make You Special
- HTML experience
- Related experience in software testing and design
- Team-oriented experience
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top