Software Engineer in Test
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Engineer in Test is responsible for improving application quality and services by building software solutions to test our products. The Software Engineer in Test also develops and implements test automation solutions and strategies. The individual in this role will apply a variety of skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve IT system issues.
- Automate technical designs, specifications, and documentation
- Collaborate with team members to build highly maintainable and reusable automation modules, best practices, process changes, standards, and continuous process improvement
- Oversee projects to ensure system test automation deliverables are met
- Develop innovative methods to find solutions and improve quality, test efficiency, and regression
- Provide input on issues that impact product performance and system stability
- Assist in post-implementation and continuous improvement efforts to enhance systems and applications
- Identify product performance issues during the development of new products
- Make detailed recommendations concerning new products, methods, and technologies to enhance test efficiencies
- Identify and recommend relevant SDLC methodologies
- Mentor, train and support other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- Object-oriented programming experience in any modern programming language
- Java, Python, PHP, and C/C++ as well as an understanding of OOP concepts
- Four years of experience developing and testing multi-tiered applications
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle and testing
- Experience with quality assurance methodologies or automated testing
- Knowledge of JSON, XML, web services, and SQL
- Experience in Microsoft CodedUI, Selenium, or other tools such as Codeception etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, communicate concisely and clearly, and be willing to drive quality into the development process
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery (DevOps)
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Experience with micro frameworks, micro services, and service-oriented architecture
- Experience in test-driven development or an interest in learning
- Skilled in Git
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top