- Detroit, MI
- A strong foundation in programming fundamentals, design patterns, data structures, object-oriented design principles, unit testing, and modern version control flows
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- 2 years of development experience in a multilayered "n-tier" style architecture
- Experience working with some form of distributed technology like gRPC, GraphQL, or REST over HTTP.
- Understanding of and experience working in a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Experience working with software automation frameworks to do functional testing
- Experience developing applications in a cloud environment, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience using DevOps-focused technologies, such as Docker, Terraform or CircleCI
- Comfort working on the command line
- Portfolio and code samples you can share
- Experience working with functional programming
- Awareness to identify and pay off technical debt, as well as realizing and removing code smells early during development and code review
The Software Engineer analyzes user needs and uses various programming languages to develop, improve, test and/or maintain software that meets user needs. These responsibilities require this team member to take an active role in design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates and provide feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Solve problems by crafting software solutions using maintainable, testable and modular code
- Collaborate within a team by participating in code reviews, pairing sessions, architecture discussions and planning ceremonies
- Write robust, testable code, along with unit, functional, acceptance and/or user tests to validate every change
- Challenge your fellow team members to grow and enhance our team with new, diverse talent
- Mentor interns and other software engineers to grow their technical skills
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top