Software Engineer, Amber Engine
Who We Are
Detroit-based Amber Engine, part of the Quicken Loans Family of Companies, was founded by a team of home furnishing industry innovators, technologists and business experts. Our mission is to create simply powerful tools that make data sharing for the home furnishings industry easy and efficient.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Engineer solves difficult engineering problems while also exploring user requirements and providing accurate estimates in the process. You will also work with other Engineers, Product Designers and other team members to deliver great user experiences.
- Solve difficult problems through software generation
- Write and maintain tests
- Collaborate with Product Designers to engineer feature solutions
- Refactor and reduce bugs
- Participate in code reviews
- Proven ability to write working software with tests
- Experience with TDD
- Good knowledge of basic data structures, algorithms, and patterns
- Comfortable in a startup environment
- Ability to Pair Program for extended periods of time
- Highly proficient with Terminal, Bash, Git
- Proficiency with Haskell or Idra
- High capability in setting up AWS infrastructure
- Experience in network engineering
- Experience as a core contributor to ReactJS or other JS Framework
- Experience as a software engineering conference speaker
- Passion for furniture
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Amber Engine, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
Amber Engine is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top