Who We Are
Benzinga is a dynamic and innovative financial media outlet that empowers investors with high-quality, unique content that is coveted by Wall Street's top traders. Benzinga provides timely, actionable ideas that help users navigate even the most uncertain and volatile markets – in real-time with an unmatched caliber.
What You'll Do/Need
Are you an experienced backend engineer looking to make an impact at a company with national reach? Are you committed to solving problems in unusual ways? Does the prospect of building incredible products at a company that’s growing lightning-fast energize you? If so, Benzinga wants you. We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to supercharge our next-generation news analytic platform and other financial products. We’re looking for someone who doesn't let challenges stand in the way of goals and obsesses over solutions, not problems.
- Fearlessly find new ways to solve problems
- Work primarily in Go on the backend (microservices)
- On the backend, create REST services with golang; work with large MongoDB, MySQL and
- Postgres databases; and cover code with unit tests
- Work with on-site and remote development teams
- Oversee implementation of major updates to Benzinga Pro and API integration of data streams to financial firms
- Five years of experience in Go, C, C++, Python or similar languages
- Five years of experience developing tech
- Experience on large projects that required multiple web servers
- Experience with testing, TDD, continuous integration
- Ability to think on your feet and take charge of a team
- Ability to balance writing good code and getting a quality product developed quickly
- Solid portfolio
What’ll Make You Special
- Knowledge of financial markets and fintech
- Knowledge of DevOps (Salt, Docker, Kubernetes) and AWS
- Entrepreneurial experience or previous work at startups
- Experience developing in finance
What You'll Get
Benzinga is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top