Who We Are
RocketLoans strives to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different.
Rocketloans has been named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Place to Work for African Americans”. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 11 years running, hitting #1 the last three years, and we’ve been named to Fortune magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the past 13 years, ranking as high as #2.
What You'll Do/Need
This full-stack Software Engineer is responsible for creating a great client experience on the web with AngularJS, as well as building the underlying API in Node.js. This Engineer is part of a small talented independent company that spun off from Quicken Loans in 2015. The Engineer plays a role in application design, performing code reviews, assisting with delivery estimates and providing feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Develop a web-based personal loan application with cloud scalability, high performance and tight security requirements
- Build and optimize an engaging web interface
- Assist in creating the best user experience in the industry
- Experience with design and development of wireframes and HTML prototypes
- Experience with responsive design techniques
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of web security and data validation
- Start-up mindset with initiative, positive attitude and laser-focused on results
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with unit and integration testing, and TDD (test driven development)
- Familiarity with HTML5 and/or CSS3
- Experience developing on the AWS platform
- Solid mathematics background
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Rocket Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Rocket Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Rocket Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010–2016 Primary Mortgage Origination and 2014–2015 Primary Mortgage Servicer StudiesSM. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 4,666 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July–August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 5,922 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March–April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender and the second largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S., according to National Mortgage News, Quarter 2, 2016.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top