Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 - 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Software Architect fosters a collaborative environment and works directly with business partners, engineering teams and IT leadership to build amazing experiences for our clients.
- Research new software technology concepts and tools to make informed recommendations
- Resolve software architecture conflicts
- Take ownership of application health and performance
- Facilitate design and code review sessions
- Train fellow engineers
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to drive solutions and requirements
- Set and drive the technical vision for a product area in alignment with wider enterprise strategy
- Experience defining the architecture of cloud deployed applications (AWS preferred)
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling
- Experience defining and driving DevOps best practices within large teams
- Experience building service-oriented applications at enterprise scale
- Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with limited direction
What'll Make You Special
- Production-level experience with .NET applications in public clouds
- Experience in the fintech domain
- Expert knowledge of database design and data architecture
- Experience leading teams toward continuous delivery
- Experience mentoring large teams of engineers
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we're in the business of putting roofs over our clients' heads, but we certainly aren't putting ceilings on our team members' careers. If you're interested in working in a place with a philosophy that's truly different, apply today.
Back to top