Senior Web UI Engineer
Who We Are
In-House Realty is the preferred real estate partner of Quicken Loans, the nation’s second-largest retail mortgage lender. Headquartered in Detroit, we lead a network of 25,000 top-notch real estate agents across all 50 states. We’re a tech-driven, big-idea company on a mission to connect pre-approved buyers and interested sellers with qualified, local real estate agents. We then work side-by-side with the client, their mortgage banker and real estate agent to monitor their progress through the entire home buying or selling process in order to ensure their complete satisfaction.
What You'll Do/Need
We’re hiring a Senior Web UI Engineer and looking for someone who’s self-driven individual and ready to collaborate with other engineers, business analysts, project managers and business leaders to solve new and existing technical issues. This individual must think outside of the box, be ready to jump in to assist teammates at a moment’s notice and never hesitate to ask for help.
- Build tools, libraries and frameworks for other engineers
- Evaluate new technologies
- Help determine new standards and best practices
- Mentor other Web UI Engineers
- Provide technical leadership for other development teams
- Help foster an open-source culture
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with progressive enhancement
Experience in the following:
- RESTful API design and consuming APIs
- Node.js, NoSQL databases and JSON
- Multiple template engines
- Implementing responsive web design
- Using build tools/module loaders and package management tools
- Version control systems
- Fixing performance issues and using performance monitoring tools
What'll Make You Special
Experience with the following:
- Deploying Node.js applications to Heroku/Nodejitsu
- CSS architectural principles and preprocessors
- Functional programming
- Working in a PHP, C# or .NET environment
- Teaching and/or public speaking
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? It’s not ours, either. We pride ourselves on a strong culture that gives team members the initiative to build solutions and grow both personally and professionally. We might be in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly don’t put ceilings on our team members’ careers. Our culture promotes creativity, enthusiasm, and passion.
In-House Realty is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top