Senior UX Strategist
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, human-computer interactions, user experience, design, research, journalism, communication or a related field; master's degree preferred
- 5 years in a UX strategy, content strategy or comparable role
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in usability findings, design documentation (whiteboarding, wireframing and paper prototyping) and testing documentation
- Proficiency in content strategy principles and artifacts, including content inventories, audits, and content models
- Experience successfully leading and coaching other UX team members on the project or product level to achieve business objectives
- Experience with Sketch, Invision (or another prototyping tool) and the Adobe Design Suite
- Understanding of basic HTML / CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
The Senior UX Strategist solves client problems to reach business goals by guiding the discovery, planning, testing and creation of best-in-class user experiences for Quicken Loans digital products.
- Drive the vision, mission, and purpose of the UX and Content Strategy, and how it can deliver value to clients and the business through best-in-class user experiences
- Mentor UX and content strategy team members to deliver best-in-class user experiences for priority digital products to achieve business objectives
- Drive a culture of excellence by presenting a positive, solution-oriented attitude within the UX and Content Strategy team and as a representative to other teams, stakeholders and partners
- Drive discussions for how the UX and Content Strategy can work closely with the rest of the Experience Strategy & Design team, the Product Strategy team and other teams across the Rock Family of Companies
- Mentor team members on how to select a UX research methodology and interpret findings into actionable recommendations
- Communicate and coach other team members on how to communicate UX and content recommendations clearly with high-quality artifacts to product managers, business stakeholders, writers, designers and engineers
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top