Senior UX Researcher
The Senior UX Researcher works with the Product and Business teams to incorporate user-centric thinking into our agile framework from problem definition to post-launch iteration to develop products to increase our team member experience across many of internal products. They ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate concepts or prototypes, and assist with launches and releases based on user feedback. Advocate for best practices that promote user-centric design to ensure adoption and best experience.
- Work with Product teams to conduct user testing to ensure implemented designs meet user needs
- Design flowcharts, wireframes and prototypes for rapid, iterative user interface definition, improvement, and research
- Collaborate with development team members, collaborating on solutions that champion end-user needs
- Lead end-user research and concept development including contextual inquiries, persona and scenario development, journey maps, and ideation sessions
- Communicate clearly and effectively insights to broad audiences, both technical and non-technical team member across the organization
- Have experience with a broad range of research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative techniques) and you understand the need which to used based on question you want to answer
- You have the ability to work in front-end innovative spaces as well as throughout product development cycles that involves more iterative, rapid, and evaluative methods
- Ability to coach others to get to a high-quality insight state to influence across and up the organization to bring user empathy and understanding to the table to deliver user centric products
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to executive-level audiences; proven track record of bringing clarity to the research and provides direction for development
- A true advocate for the design of inclusive and excellent user experiences
- Demonstrated ability to visualize and present rich research data simply and clearly
- Translates customer needs, behavior and insight into design requirements, and work with engineers, product managers, and designers to develop specs
- Incorporating new technologies and apply learnings to projects to deliver robust research plans
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility in decision making and the way you work.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous product areas, informing new opportunity spaces and high value customer experiences
- Data analytics, machine learning, prototyping skills, and data science background a huge plus!
- 3 years conducting usability testing, implementing UX best practices, defining UX strategy and conducting UX research, and generating qualitative and qualitative results from UX results
- Bachelor's degree in human/machine interaction, user experience or related work experience
- Proven track record executing usability studies to evaluate complex problems
- Working knowledge of tools such as Qualtrics, UsabilityHub and UserTesting.com
- Understanding of theories and principles of user-centered design
- Verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, product owners and executives
- Comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment
- A passion to solve problems and provide the best experience for clients
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past nine consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for five consecutive years, 2014 through 2018, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top