Senior UX Engineer
- Detroit, MI
- Extensive experience with Responsive Design, including advanced techniques (e.g. responsive images)
- Experience in the UX discipline (user research/testing, design thinking, prototyping, etc.)
- Experience writing accessible applications and components
- Experience with CSS architectural principles (e.g. BEM, ITCSS, CSS-in-JS)
- Experience with testing, including accessibility, performance, and unit testing
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with build, bundling, and package management/publishing tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, NPM)
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Work within the UX process to create user-focused features and interactions
- Modify existing software to fix errors and improve the overall quality and functionality
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate on team standards and best practices
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Assist with delivery estimates
- Determine and execute software deployment process
- Contributes to the internally developed, open source Spark Design System
- Mentor UX Engineers and Associate UX Engineers
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top