- 5 years of experience in a design or user experience role
- 3 years of experience creating prototypes or detailed wireframes for complex web applications
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, design or a relevant field
- 7 years of experience in a design or user experience role
- Expertise in standard UX design software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch+Abstract, InVision and Principle
- Experience designing data visualizations and/or data-focused interfaces
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture, interaction design and user-centered design processes as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
- Ability to synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design solutions
- Stay up to date on the latest standards, changes and trends in the UX and visual design field
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer designs the UX architecture, interaction flow and aesthetics of our current and new products. This team member is an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and balance that with the goals and needs of business, design and clients. This person has a clear understanding of business goals, technical requirements and user behavior and is proficient in a wide variety of skills, ranging from psychology to design and technology. They must be able to translate goals, research, user flows and other inputs into lo-fi, hi-fi and prototypes. The UX Designer is also expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, this team member iterates upon the design in accordance with user testing.
- In collaboration with UX Strategy, translate findings into intuitive user experiences
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams that may include Content Strategy, UX Content, Marketing and Branding, UI engineers, software engineers and/or product managers to create simple, easy-to-use solutions
- Facilitate the product vision by collaboratively working on sketching, wireframing and prototyping experiences for products
- Iterate upon designs in accordance with user testing, updated goals and stakeholder feedback
- Design and deliver wireframes, mockups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces using the latest in design application, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Sketch and other similar industry tools
- Utilize a user-centered design approach to identify design requirements/problems and devise elegant solutions from both the client and user perspective
- Design alternative solutions, evaluating them to choose the best approach; meet and collaborate with users and development partners to validate conceptual designs
- Facilitate presentations and discussions with clients, users and developers to drive resolution on proposed features and functionality, following design process standards and best practices
- Create research summaries, user testing reports, user personas, user stories and user journeys to document and facilitate design decisions
- Strong ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams, clients and stakeholders
- Act as a mentor to other designers through formal and informal design reviews
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 - 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.