Senior Tenant Coordinator
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates has committed more than $5.6 billion in acquiring and developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet.
Bedrock is leading Detroit’s building boom with the city’s largest and most ambitious projects. These projects meet an increasing demand for Class A office space and modern living options in a growing and technology-centric urban core, with an emphasis on ground-level activation and increased walkability. In the next five years, Bedrock plans to deliver 3,500 new residential units to the market; from City Modern, an 8.4-acre neighborhood where residents can age in place; to 28Grand, where residents use the city as their living room; to the Hudson’s project, which will soon be home to Detroit’s tallest building and most landmark address.
Our Core Values: Independently Driven | Never Satisfied | Relentless Commitment to Service
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum! For more Information, visit bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The candidate for this position will operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and must possess the necessary skills and understanding of project management, real estate development and construction. The Senior Tenant Coordinator will be the main liaison between the leasing and construction teams. The Senior Tenant Coordinator will be responsible for managing small to medium construction projects from beginning to end, working in collaboration with the leasing, legal, finance, development, operations, design, architectural and property management teams. The Senior Tenant Coordinator will support the Project Directors and VP of Construction in the management of large and complex construction projects.
- Act as liaison between the leasing and construction teams on all issues, including all constructibility issues that impact lease negotiations
- Routine review of leasing documents and review of all landlord and tenant scopes of work (work letters) to ensure proper assignment of responsibilities and compliance with existing building conditions/limitations
- Provide regular project updates to leasing team including tenant delay issues
- Track and reconcile tenant improvement allowances with tenant and accounting team
- Manage multiple projects with urban and historic site conditions
- Manage retail buildouts and small to medium projects from inception through project turnover including design management, general contractor management, budget maintenance, financial forecasting, pay application review and approval, contracts and project schedules
- Manage the project teams for multiple projects including architects, engineers, internal consultants, construction managers and administrative support
- Collaborate with external team members including consultants, contractors, designers and City officials and departments; and internal teams including leasing, accounting, finance, operations, design, architectural and property management
- Conduct regular project site inspections
- Analyze and resolve field construction issues
- Identify project risk, elevate potential issues to senior leadership and propose logical solutions to eliminate these risks
- Implement and manage project closeout, including review and approval of all closeout documents
- Ensure historical compliance where applicable
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Construction
- Accredited degree in Construction Management, Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Construction or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiar with leases, leasing documents and lease terminology
- Experience with Tenant Relations
- Emphasis on retail buildouts
- Consideration for Urban and Historic Experience
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top