Senior SQL Server Developer
Who We Are
Title Source is the largest independent provider of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services in the nation. The company is a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 retail mortgage lenders and provides commercial title services to real estate professionals, corporations and attorneys nationwide. Title Source is based in Detroit, Michigan, and retains regional operating centers in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
Know IT is the data operations team for Title Source. We provide database engineering to power
applications throughout the company. We’re looking for smart people who get things done to join our group of talented database professionals. You’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge database technology, and your work will have a direct impact on our business. If you keep your skills sharp, constantly read about new technology and participate in online database professional communities, we want to talk to you.
Database Engineers use strong SQL skills to build database systems that are high-quality, scalable and high-performance to meet the demands of our rapidly growing and ever-changing environment. They work with our software development team to create tables and stored procedures to integrate the front end application with the backend database. They are responsible for performance-tuning SQL code and recommending appropriate indexes.
- Work with our Developers and Business Analysts to create and modify our database structure
- Proactively monitor and optimize the performance of database queries and recommend indexes
- Manage physical database design, implementation and performance tuning
- Write complex stored procedures
- Create standards and best practices for database design and development
- Ensure quality data creation, presentation, and flow across systems
- Collaborate with other Database Engineers on code and design reviews
- Participate in an on-call rotation and production code pushes after regular business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Five years of experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 T-SQL coding
- Five years of experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience leading small project teams
- Mentoring experience
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept change
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with PowerShell, VBScript or .Net development
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match,
medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Title Source, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Title Source is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top