Senior SQL Database Administrator
- Detroit, MI
- 2 years of experience working with relational database management systems
- 3 years of related work experience
- 1 year of programming experience (e.g., VBScript, Java, .Net, shell script)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent
- Understanding of database design/architecture
- Understanding of business logic
- Knowledge of database administration tasks
- Ability to understand large data models
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot problems
- Experience with different database tools to manage the daily tasks more efficiently
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Communication and diplomacy skills
The Senior SQL Database Administrator is responsible for building database systems that are high-quality, scalable and high performance to meet the demands of our rapidly growing and ever-changing environment. This team member uses repeatable practices to ensure data availability, integrity and security, and they interact with developers, business analysts, network and SAN engineers, and other teams involved in project planning, development and testing.
- Install and configure database servers
- Design databases
- Handle database maintenance tasks (backups/restores, updating statistics and rebuilding indexes)
- Monitor database system resources and performance
- Handle performance tuning
- Perform database development tasks and batch scripting
- Ensure client satisfaction with data collection, presentation and other efforts
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- Champion the company culture
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top