Senior Software Engineer, Mobile - Remote
- Flexible / Remote
- 3 years of experience building native mobile applications with a focus on cross-platform development
- Experience with React or React Native
- Knowledge of code versioning such as Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of testing and debugging tools for mobile applications
- Knowledge of communicating with Web Services
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Swift or Kotlin
- Experience deploying international mobile applications with localization
- Experience with Firebase and Fastlane
- Experience building RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with GitHub and CI workflows
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience performing code reviews
- Experience with large-scale, highly available digital products
- Passion for self-education and a love of learning words
We're seeking a focused Mobile Senior Software Engineer. We're passionate about building great products and are inspired to unlock the power of language through technology. We're creating a high-performance, collaborative culture here in Oakland, California, and Detroit, Michigan. We're searching for a driven individual who shares this mentality to join our team.
- Design and build Dictionary.com's mobile applications
- Manage delivery and deployment of iOS and Android applications
- Collaborate with other business units, including Product and Analytics
- Conduct mobile application performance tests
- Monitor performance and stability of mobile applications
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we've made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top