Senior Software Engineer
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in programming in Angular, Cocoa, Objective C, C#, HTML, .NET, PHP, Java, Progress or other programming languages
- 3 years of experience in software testing and design
- 3 years of experience in database management as it relates to software development
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Senior Software Engineer uses various programming languages to develop, improve, test and/or maintain software that meets user needs. They mentor other software engineers, lead small development teams and act as an application owner. The Senior Software Engineer takes a lead role in design and code reviews, assists with delivery estimates and provides feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Design, develop or modify software and/or software systems by using various programming languages depending on the product and also taking the service architecture into consideration
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Lead design and code reviews
- Lead delivery estimates
- Determine and execute the software deployment process
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and cost ballooning within the team's projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- Mentor other software engineers
- Look for security vulnerabilities in coding
- Participate in discussions about the team's future vision and strategy
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top