Senior Product Manager
The Rocket Mortgage Product Manager is adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. In addition, this team member helps develop new ideas based on their contact with customers and prospects. They should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. They must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Communication skills are the key to success in this role. This team member works to define product requirements. They work with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. They also serve as the internal and external evangelist for their product offering.
This team member is a strategist who translates the company's high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. They set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product road maps with their design and engineering teammates.
- Set the product-level mission, vision and road map for the specified area of focus with the product team and cross-functional support teams
- Define and drive a product road map
- Define the business metrics and key performance indicators used to measure the health of the experience of the product
- Work closely with the Product Strategy senior leadership team to make sure the group collaboratively meets the company's short- and long-term goals
- Make sure the product maintains a healthy balance of innovation, ROI and client experience
- 5 years of experience working as a product manager or similar on high-performing cross-functional teams
- Experience with optimizing business metrics like revenue, ROI, effectiveness, NPS, speed and costs
- Technical understanding of what it takes to build and maintain large-scale applications and services
- Comfort with facilitating and participating in the architectural and technical decisions made by the team
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and in different ways depending on the context
- Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization and in a variety of contexts
- Experience with data-driven product development and knowledge of Agile and user experience design methodologies
- Ability to quickly understand a rapidly changing competitive landscape and deploy strategies to win versus the competition
- Ability to think like a business owner and manage a product and the related processes as a business
- Ability to maintain accountability and ownership of product decisions and decisions that impact the product
- Ability to continuously evaluate the design and user experience of the product
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of team members across senior leadership, Product Design, Marketing, Mortgage Banking, Client Experience Operations, Marketing Research, Finance, Government Relations, Public Relations, Strategy and Analytics, Security, Fraud Prevention and more
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top