Senior Payroll Tax Specialist
The Senior Payroll Tax Specialist is the payroll tax expert for the company, handling all filings and communications regarding team member taxes and unemployment taxes. This team member has a strong knowledge of payroll taxes and tax laws/regulations and puts their knowledge and skills to good use by improving processes.
- Serve as the main contact for unemployment tax filings, including updating rates in the HRMS system
- Resolve issues related to tax return filings, including penalty notices and abatement requests
- Maintain responsibility for processing quarter-end and year-end tax jobs within the HRMS system, including W-2 processing
- Ensure team members on visas are set up correctly for taxes
- Register new companies with states and localities
- Work with external auditing companies to gather documentation for payroll, tax, worker's compensation and unemployment audits
- Collaborate with Accounting to gather documentation to obtain WOTC credits
- Work with the Relocation team to ensure proper taxation of moving expenses
- Resolve team member tax issues, especially when unique circumstances require system modifications
- Ensure tax compliance through regular audits
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting
- 5 years of payroll tax experience
- Strong functional knowledge of payroll/tax processes and laws
- Experience communicating with a wide variety of individuals, including senior leaders and tax authorities
- Proficiency in Ultimate Software, Ceridian and other tax software
- Strong knowledge of computer programs such as the Ultipro HRMS system, WorkForce and Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, work well under pressure and manage time to meet deadlines
What'll Make You Special
- Certified Payroll Professional
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 9 consecutive years, 2010 - 2018. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Erica M.Mortgage Banker
Erica is the main point of contact for Quicken Loans’ mortgage clients, helping them get to the closing table with a smile on their faces.
Back to top