Senior Modeler - Predictive Analytics
Who We Are
We’re Amrock, the nation’s largest fintech provider of title insurance, valuations and closing services. We’re a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 mortgage lenders, delivering innovative solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage financing experience for lenders, property owners and real estate professionals nationwide. Our headquarters are in Detroit, and our team members span across the U.S., with offices in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The Senior Modeler works with business owners and IT teams to provide deep analysis and guidance on crucial business opportunities across many areas of the company. This team member draws upon their knowledge and experience in applied statistics as well as data mining, modeling and forecasting to ensure that results are accurate and clear, providing actionable opportunities for business leaders. This person is detail-oriented and highly aware of the impact of their analysis across the company, taking the initiative while focusing on finding innovative solutions for myriad business challenges.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources for deep statistical analysis and modeling
- Clean data in preparation for analysis and modeling
- Perform statistical summaries and tests for relevant business questions
- Develop predictive statistical, behavioral or other models
- Perform statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Deploy applicable models into the production system for business use
- Summarize conclusions and solutions for presentation
- Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts
- Develop best practices for experimentation
- Ph.D. in statistics or another applied science field or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience with statistical tools such as R and SAS
- Three years of experience with statistical modeling and forecasting methodologies, including linear regression, logistics regression, decision tree, support vector machine, etc.
- Three years of workplace experience
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning
- Familiarity with relational databases and a working knowledge of SQL
- Fluency in a programming language such as Python
- Proven ability to mentor others
- Proven ability to generate new ideas and execute on solutions that make a difference
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise and actionable manner
What’ll Make You Special
- Operationalizing models into a production or work environment
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Experience leading small project teams
- Experience with model deployment/monitoring tools
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
We’re not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members’ workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top