- Detroit, MI
The senior data modeler works with business owners, data architecture and data governance team members to provide conceptual, logical, and canonical data models of key enterprise concepts. They take ownership on these projects and draw upon their own and the team's knowledge and experience in data modeling, relational databases, non-relational databases, XSD's and JSCHEMA. Senior modelers must have a proven track record of being detail oriented and highly aware of how models effect and are leveraged across the company. Senior modelers have knowledge of open source models and industry models and know how to apply them to technical solutions. They take initiative, focused on finding innovative solutions for a myriad of challenges.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Take ownership of data modeling projects
- Develop the enterprise data model with Data Architects.
- Align business definitions with model implementations with data governance stewards.
- Produce canonical schema in XML and JSON for critical enterprise entities.
- Extend canonical schema for new attributes per engineering requests.
- Create reference implementations of enterprise data models with database engineers.
- Own and communicate data model life cycle management
Technology and Resource Knowledge
- Experience creating Enterprise Data Models
- Experience creating canonical models in XML or JSON
- Experience create relational models for applications and analytics
- Knowledge of open standards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 - 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
Back to top