Senior Information Security Analyst
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Information Security Analyst plays a critical role in protecting the company’s information by ensuring our security controls are working properly every day. After all, if no one checks and monitors our controls, how do we know if they're working? This team member is also responsible for ensuring that the handling of sensitive company and client information follows our company and industry standards. Additionally, this role works hand-in-hand with the Information Security Engineers to ensure our security technologies are producing necessary and relevant information.
- Monitor security events daily, performing investigations and working with the appropriate team members, business teams and IT teams to develop solutions that address critical security concerns
- Regularly audit access throughout systems and applications, working with the IT and business teams to ensure access is at appropriate levels
- Analyze system logs and other event logs to detect nefarious activity
- Coordinate investigations and responses to security incidents
- Audit the company’s security controls to ensure they are working correctly
- Build documentation of existing processes and exceptions based on audit findings
- Coordinate with information security and other IT engineers to ensure that existing or new sources of audit data are available
- Work with the business to optimize and automate security-based processes
- Review and assess third-party vendors
- Coordinate periodic testing of information security specific processes, such as incident response plans
- Contribute to the vision of information security tools and processes with an eye toward the future
- Translate existing controls and concepts into audits to determine control effectiveness
- Mentor more junior Information Security team members
- Assist in light leadership duties as needed
- Five years of experience in an information security analyst role
- Passion for information security and information assurance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Comfort with repetitive tasks (such as audits) when required
- Thorough and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to look at all situations objectively, with a love for challenging assumptions
- Ability to work independently without supervision
What’ll Make You Special
- Global Information Assurance Certification or other security certifications
- Proficiency in operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, Mobile), network theory/design, penetration testing, endpoint security monitoring, coding and scripting, reverse engineering of
- malware, enterprise risk methodologies and the mortgage/financial industry
- Familiarity with authoritative information security resources (the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the Open Web Application Security Project, etc.)
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top