Senior Front End Developer
- Detroit, MI
- 3 years of experience in front-end development building large-scale web applications
- Extensive knowledge of the DOM, HTTP, CSS3 (e.g., Flexbox, Grid) and core web technology concepts
- Ability to deep dive into specific client-side areas, like performance, cross-browser compatibility, animations and accessibility
- Experience with disciplined software engineering (automated testing, code reviews and writing readable code)
- Strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts
- Passion for solving problems and providing the best experience for our users
- Ability to build A/B tests while providing a great user experience
- React server-side rendering and code splitting experience
- Experience with MapboxGL and Google's APIs
Are you looking for a healthy and fun working environment that allows you to grow with a brand that will be tomorrow's household name? Rocket Homes has a vision to create a radically simplified and seamless home buying and selling experience.
The Senior Front End Developer builds the foundation of that vision and crafts the web product that powers every part of that experience.
We are a friendly, collaborative team with a passion for getting our hands dirty and that cares about the right solution above everything else.
- Work within a small team, collaborating with colleagues (product managers, designers, back-end engineers) to ship impactful products
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Iterate on solutions and new practices for improving the SEO of our products
- Mentor, educate and support those around you as well as other web developers within the Rock Family of Companies
Who We Are
Rocket Homes Real Estate LLC is a Detroit-based, tech-driven company with a passion for simplifying real estate. Our mission is to create a seamless home buying and selling experience by combining the process of searching for homes, connecting with a trusted real estate agent and getting a mortgage. Since 2006, we've partnered with our sister company, Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, and our nationwide network of top-rated real estate agents to help over 500,000 clients with their real estate needs.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top