Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 4 years of risk management or internal auditing experience
- Experience with ERM frameworks, such as COSO and ISO
- Experience in risk projects of differing scales ranging from high level risk analysis to comprehensive risk assessments, with both qualitative and quantitative outputs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable working with both technical stakeholders and senior leadership
- Ability to work independently and conduct original research
- Diplomatic, objective, and flexible
- Evidence based but comfortable dealing with uncertainty
- 6 years of risk management, information security or internal auditing experience
- Baseline knowledge of the mortgage industry
- Deep Knowledge of the Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) framework/methodology
- Experience using probabilistic modeling including distribution fitting, regressions, or monte carlo simulation
- Experience modeling Return on Investment from company initiatives
- Mortgage and financial services regulatory compliance experience and exposure
- Information security/assurance coursework or experience similar to material on CISSP or CRISC Exams
- Experience with Service Now's integrated risk management solution
The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist analyzes the root cause of identified risks as well as the effectiveness of the risk management process and communicates their findings and recommendations to leadership. In addition, the senior enterprise risk specialist is expected to be a thought leader on the Enterprise Risk Management team.
- Perform risk identification and risk analysis for applicable risk opportunities
- Aggregate and curate data around various forms of risk exposure and opportunities to clearly inform stakeholders to drive decisions and solutions
- Focused on cost-effectively reducing total expected losses from predictable risks
- Review remediation plans to eliminate identified risk issues
- Research, review and draft summaries of findings
- Collect training materials for their team to stay up to date on latest trends
- Mentor junior-level team members
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 - 2020. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 - 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top