Senior Data Analyst - Legal
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, applied statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or data science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with statistical tools such as R, SAS and SPSS
- Strong understanding of statistical methods used in descriptive and inferential statistics
- Self-motivation to execute projects with speed and quality
- Ability to identify business problems, find opportunities and offer solutions by applying advanced statistical analyses
- Ability to clearly articulate and effectively write findings and solution recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to seek feedback and a willingness to act on feedback
- Track record of displaying a positive attitude and being open to change
- Experience writing SQL queries with SQL Server, Oracle or similar
- Experience with data manipulation tools such as Excel or Minitab
The Senior Data Analyst focuses on working with business and Legal teams to provide data insights and recommend solutions to deliver business value. They analyze large and complex transactional data and derive meaningful and actionable insights to help gain efficiency by process and systems improvement. The Senior Data Analyst researches new data sources, dives deep into existing data, discovers patterns, and provides recommendations and impacts assessments to enable data-driven decision making. They develop deep partnerships with business areas within the Rock Family of Companies.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes and sub-processes
- Condense large and complex datasets into clear, concise, easy-to-understand observations
- Conduct profiling on large volumes of data to look at patterns, quality and trending
- Apply descriptive and inferential statistical methods to perform analyses of internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions, and identify points of interest and ways to improve the process based on those results
- Understand and apply tools for gathering data and performing data analyses
- Act as a liaison between teams to gather and communicate essential information for process improvement
- Facilitate preliminary analysis for model development and support model implementation and maintenance
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 7 consecutive years, 2014 through 2020, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was once again named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2019 and has been included in the magazine's top one-third of companies named to the list for the past 16 consecutive years. In addition, Essence Magazine named Quicken Loans the "#1 Place to Work in the Country for African Americans."
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top