- Detroit, MI
- Ability to think analytically and creatively
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of disaster recovery planning and design
- Knowledge of Cisco MDS switches as well as NX-OS and SAN networking fundamentals
- Working knowledge of network file systems and concepts, including CIFS and NFS What'll Make You Special
- Hands-on experience using 2 or more of the following technologies: SAN and NAS hardware and protocols; NetApp AFF/FAS Series Arrays; EMC Isilon; IBM SVC, V7000, FS900; EMC VNX; EMC ECS; Violin Memory Array; AVAMAR tapeless backup; VMware ESXi 6.x; NVME; and AWS
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python or a similar scripting languages
The SAN Engineer monitors, operates, installs and maintains the current corporate SAN infrastructure. This team member also troubleshoots SAN-related issues with server teams and assists with virtualization tasks as needed.
- Configure and monitor storage and archival needs
- Troubleshoot storage issues and engage server engineers, database administrators and application owners when necessary
- Oversee storage networking infrastructure
- Monitor resource usage and plan for known or predicted growth
- Fulfill storage, backup and data-protection needs of internal systems
- Produce and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in an on-call rotation and work flexible hours
- Coordinate equipment needs with internal customers
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top